About the Friends of Lavant Primary School
WHO are we?
The Friends of Lavant is a charity fund raising committee. Once your child starts Lavant C.E. Primary School you are automatically a member of the Friends. The Friends is also made up of people from the village community and anybody who has any contact with the school. We have official committee members and also helpers. These are made up of parents mostly mums, however we are very lucky to have some dads and grandparents helping out too.
WHAT is our purpose?
• Develop more extended relations between staff, parents and the community
• Engage in activities which support the school and advance the education of pupils
• Provide resources and facilities for education, not provided by statutory funds, as determined by the school.
WHAT do we do?
We raise funds for the school, we do this by organising various events. Below are some of the fantastic events we held last year:-
Easter Egg Hunt
Discos (Christmas & Summer)
|Spring & Autumn Jumble Sales
Mothers and Fathers Day Sales
Last year with the money we raised from our various events we were able to fund many projects including:-
- LearnPad Tablets
- Willow Dome
- School Projector
- Reflective Garden (Photos above)
- Christmas presents for the children
- Provided transport which has enabled the children to go on school trips
- Lavant's Got Talent
- Spring and Autumn Grounds Day (Gardening, painting, etc.)
- Refreshments for parents at the Christmas Music Assembly
- Refreshments for parents during Arts Week
- Mock Wedding Reception for KYS 1
HOW can you become an active member of the friends?
The success of the Friends depends entirely on the support of all parents and staff. We greatly appreciate any assistance; this can be anything from a little time spent helping out, to coming along to the functions with friends and family.
As well as raising funds for the school our Friends activities are enjoyable and we hope that they are a good way for people to meet each other. Contact any member of the friends committee or just come along to one of our meetings.